Team Lead - 3rd Shift Machine Operation - The Stow Company - Holland, MI
DIVISION: The Stow Company
POSITION: Department Coordinator
LOCATION: The Stow Company
Headquartered in Holland, Michigan and established over 30 years ago, The Stow Company manufactures a complete range of organization solutions for all areas of the home. Our products include closet organizers, garage storage systems, pantry organizers, wall beds, laundry storage, entertainment centers, mudroom storage and more. We are proud to be the only company covering the spectrum of residential and small business needs for organization, from high-end, dealer-supplied custom solutions to do-it-yourself storage systems available online and in retail stores. Our organization systems are marketed under the EasyClosets, ORG Home, and Easy Track operating groups.
The Department Coordinator will be responsible for the carrying out and completion of the manufacturing schedule as directed by the Manufacturing Manager. This position will work closely with the coordinators from other departments, safety, quality, customer service, purchasing, and the shipping team to ensure the production of high quality product and on time shipments. During the Supervisor's absence, the Coordinator will direct the department to ensure our customer orders and Stow standards for service and delivery are met.
- Review daily staffing levels to accommodate work load and make/suggest necessary adjustments.
- Provide feedback and assistance to associates in meeting efficiency and quality goals
- Ensure departmental procedures and policies are consistently followed
- Monitor production to assure schedule attainment
- First contact for team members and other coordinators for safety concerns, quality calls, part shortages, inventory inaccuracies and hot parts.
- Communication link with shipping for parts needing expedition.
- Daily equipment record keeping and distribution.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Participation in Process Improvement projects.
- Communicate with Scheduler/Planner to ensure all necessary paperwork involved with production arrives on the floor and to the right machine in a timely manner.
- Complete all required scheduling documents and inventory reports.
- Participant in the CCF process for manufacturing infractions.
- Insures all quality processes are known by team and followed.
- Fill in as an active team member if needed due to absences, vacations, etc.
- Strong understanding of the manufacturing procedures of a high-volume production operation.
- Motivate and work well with a team as well as individuals.
- Define and analyze problems to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Perform all roles within the production department.
- Train individuals for all department roles, work standards and work processes.
- Hold individuals accountable to all company policies, department work standards and work processes.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communicator with professional confrontational skills.
- Lift, push and pull product weighing up to 50 pounds multiple times a day.
- Walk, stand and operate machines for 8 to 12 hours a day.
- May require kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching and stretching as well as handling boards of varying sizes.
- Strong visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Ability to tolerate an environment where sawdust particles are present.
- Able to communicate in an environment with a medium to high level of ambient noise.
- 1-5 years of leadership experience.
- Experience operating machines in a manufacturing setting.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.