Staff Accountant I - The Stow Company - Holland, MI
DIVISION: The Stow Company
POSITION: Staff Accountant - The Stow Company - Holland, MI
LOCATION: The Stow Company
About The Stow Company:
Headquartered in Holland, Michigan and established over 30 years ago, The Stow Company manufactures a complete range of organization solutions for all areas of the home. Our products include closet organizers, garage storage systems, pantry organizers, wall beds, laundry storage, entertainment centers, mudroom storage and more. We are proud to be the only company covering the spectrum of residential and small business needs for organization, from high-end, dealer-supplied custom solutions to do-it-yourself storage systems available online and in retail stores. Our organization systems are marketed under the EasyClosets, ORG Home, and Easy Track operating groups.
The Staff Accountant provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; maintaining financial reports, records, general ledger, and other business transactions; performing general bookkeeping; and performing activities such as accounts payable. This positions reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Accounting/Finance Department
- Prepare daily reporting of sales, on-time delivery, quality measurements and other metrics utilized in the management of company
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and employee reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Maintain W-9 documents for all vendors to accurately produce annual 1099’s
- Prepares general ledger entries
- Maintain detailed reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Perform the processing of monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, as needed
- Helps in the preparation of internal and external financial statements by analyzing information from the general ledger and other systems
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Prove detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
- Analyze current procedures and recommend changes to develop and implement best proactive accounting procedures
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time
- Prepare documentation as needed to external auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a similar discipline.
- Minimum 1+ year experience in Accounting/Finance or equivalent position
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Manage2000 (or similar ERP system) desirable
- High standards for accuracy and precision; ensure compliance with GAAP and internal controls
- Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Articulates with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- High energy, high ownership of work product and commitment to driving results
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS