Shipping Coordinator - 2nd Shift - The Stow Company - Holland, MI
DIVISION: The Stow Company
POSITION: Shipping Coordinator
LOCATION: The Stow Company
Headquartered in Holland, Michigan and established over 30 years ago, The Stow Company manufactures a complete range of organization solutions for all areas of the home. Our products include closet organizers, garage storage systems, pantry organizers, wall beds, laundry storage, entertainment centers, mudroom storage and more. We are proud to be the only company covering the spectrum of residential and small business needs for organization, from high-end, dealer-supplied custom solutions to do-it-yourself storage systems available online and in retail stores. Our organization systems are marketed under the EasyClosets, ORG Home, and Easy Track operating groups.
This position is responsible for all carrier planning, scheduling and paperwork. This position works closely with customer service, manufacturing and the shipping team to ensure that all shipments leave on time daily.
- Remain a hands-on, active shipping team member
- Serve as first contact for team members regarding part shortages and inventory inaccuracies
- Provide communication link between shipping and manufacturing for shortages and expediting
- Pull dealer and retail orders for shipment
- Execute cycle counts
- Participate in process improvement projects
- Participate in the CCF process for shipping infractions
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds independently and multiple times daily
- Able to walk and stand for the duration of 8, 10 and 12-hour work shifts
- Able to get on and off a fork lift for the duration of 8, 10 and 12-hour work shifts
- Able to comfortably kneel, bend, crouch, reach and stretch
- Able to handle boards of varying weights and sizes
- Possesses strong visual acuity
- Able to tolerate an environment where sawdust particles are present
- Possesses strong manual dexterity
- Able to provide and receive communication in an environment with a high level of ambient noise
- Position Qualifications:
- Must have a solid understanding of shipping procedures within a high-volume warehouse operation
- Must obtain a Stow Company fork lift license and maintain fork lift when driving
- Willing to learn all roles within the shipping department and be a team player
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable – comfortable in a dynamic work environment
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must have an excellent attendance record
- Must be willing and able to follow all company policies
- Capable of maintaining internal and external customer focus
- Meets productivity, quality and safety goals
- Follows directions and completes paperwork correctly and neatly
- Actively participates in all team meetings and events
- Completes training and achieves minimum level of proficiency within first 30 days of employment
The Stow Company may temporarily assign any team member with duties outside of their normal responsibilities. Such assignments may be warranted due to a variety of specific requirements, conditions and/or the capabilities of available personnel. Management will determine the nature and duration of those assignments.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.