Regional Sales Manager - Boxed Water - Southern California
DIVISION: Boxed Water is Better
POSITION: Regional Sales Manager - Boxed Water - California
LOCATION: Boxed Water Is Better - California
Located in Holland, Michigan, Boxed Water is Better is a fast-growing boxed water company featuring boldly designed and environmentally friendly packaging. We strive to be the leader in sustainably packaged water through responsible manufacturing efforts, well-designed products, and partnerships with environmental organizations. We believe in balanced living; in having fun while working hard; in learning, growing, and giving back. We are looking for someone who shares our vision and is up to the challenge of helping us build the next great beverage brand.
The BOXED WATER IS BETTER Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will play an influential role within the BOXED WATER IS BETTER Sales Team. The RSM is responsible for managing the Regional DSD partnerships as well as any direct reports in his/her territory. The RSM will need to manage our DSD system at a Regional level by providing direction against the BOXED WATER IS BETTER sales goals and objectives. The candidate for this position will ideally be based in their regional area.
The primary responsibilities for the BOXED WATER IS BETTER Regional Sales Manager include:
- Achieve annual plans and KPI's for the region that reflect the agreed upon brand and customer strategies and support delivery of business goals
- Translates business strategy into clear and locally executable plans and focuses resources accordingly while protecting brand image, pricing and margins
- Effective management of distributors and direct reports, if any
- Establish and manage key customer relationships through joint business planning that strengthens and builds on the success of the BOXED WATER IS BETTER brand
- Understanding the dynamics of the respective territory in particular, and providing insight and direction to develop solutions that promote and build the BOXED WATER IS BETTER brand.
- Responsible for all distributor management decisions and route to market with guidance from the Director of Sales and National Account Team
- Schedule, conduct, and participate in distributor meetings with distributor partners to educate, inform, and build capabilities on selling BOXED WATER IS BETTER
- Responsible for building sales presentations and reports to share both internally and with distributor partners that will provide an action-oriented response
- Support the execution and management of region budget, sales expense, T&E, and reporting
- Work closely with the Marketing to establish and implement successful marketing programs, campaigns, and materials to profitably increase BOXED WATER IS BETTER availability and points of distribution
- Scheduling, executing, and tracking all crew drives and sales rallies in respective territory
The ideal BOXED WATER IS BETTER Regional Sales Manager candidate will have an understanding of the brand's artistic, environmentally friendly attributes, and also must be professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player, that possess a drive for results. They should have outgoing social energy, strong decision making and analytical skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to think strategically and creatively, the ability to multi-task, a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves as needed, be self-motivated, and have a passion for the consumer and marketing.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related major preferred
- Eight or more years of Sales and or Distributor Management ideally with a beverage company
- Extremely organized, dependable, and self-motivated
- Able to work independently and have the ability to deal with a wide range of people
- Strong computer skills - specifically knowledge in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use reports and syndicated data to achieve goals and objectives
- Willingness to travel 20%
- Prior experience with the water category a plus
- A clean driving record & strong geographic knowledge of the respective territory is a must
- Must be able to lift cases of water up to 40lbs each
- Competitive base salary with eligibility for health benefits, quarterly bonus, and performance-based incentives.
- Employee to be provided with iPhone, laptop, and expense account.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.