Quality Technician - 2nd Shift - The Stow Company - Holland, MI
DIVISION: The Stow Company
POSITION: Quality Technician
LOCATION: The Stow Company
Headquartered in Holland, Michigan and established over 30 years ago, The Stow Company manufactures a complete range of organization solutions for all areas of the home. Our products include closet organizers, garage storage systems, pantry organizers, wall beds, laundry storage, entertainment centers, mudroom storage and more. We are proud to be the only company covering the spectrum of residential and small business needs for organization, from high-end, dealer-supplied custom solutions to do-it-yourself storage systems available online and in retail stores. Our organization systems are marketed under the EasyClosets, ORG Home, and Easy Track operating groups.
The Quality Technician will be responsible for conducting quality audits, issue investigations, and implementing improvements throughout our manufacturing processes to ensure that products meet and exceed quality standards and customer expectations.
- Create and audit work instructions
- Problem solve quality issues reported through our customer concern process
- Inspect incoming purchased goods to ensure conformity
- Resolve supplier issues when received or reported and contain and sort when necessary
- Assist with monitoring and disposing of non-conforming material
- Assist with team training
- Drive best practices across all customer channels
- Gather, analyze and report data
- Participate in assigned MDI boards
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Manager
- Provide administrative support to management as needed.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of the product line while conveying irregularities or issues to management when necessary.
- Work effectively with team members at all levels in a positive and professional manner that represents our mission statement, values and goals.
- Communicate and interact with customers in a pleasant, positive and professional manner as needed.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and periodic squatting, reaching, and ability to maneuver through tight spaces in manufacturing.
- Able to work with a computer for extended periods of time.
- Abiltity to tolerate dust particles and low to mid noise levels.
High School diploma required, Associates or Bachelor Degree in related field preferred.
5-10 years relevant work experience in quality and/or woodworking. Experience in quality systems, measurement systems, gages, work standards, auditing, defect containment and resolution preferably at an ISO 9001 or TS16949 compliant company.
- MS Office- Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point.
- Ability to address quality concerns using a positive, mentoring, and win-win approach.
- Able to meet deadlines and demonstrate excellent follow-through, organized and stays on task.
- Able to follow direction, prioritize responsibilities, and multi-task independently on a different shift than manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player working across functional groups at all levels of the organization.
- Some understanding and experience in use of quality tools like problems solving, root cause analysis, failure mode effects analysis (FMEA), control plans, and gages. Use and application of statistical tools a plus.
- Approach issue resolution from a deep and wide systems approach.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.