Process Engineer II - The Stow Company - Holland, MI
DIVISION: The Stow Company
POSITION: Process Engineer
LOCATION: The Stow Company
The Process Engineer II identifies and manages continuous improvement projects to improve safety, quality, efficiency and throughput in the manufacturing of wood-based products. The position analyzes, recommends and provides justification for new equipment and lean manufacturing initiatives. The Process Engineer II works directly with Operations Management to establish metrics, monitor, and improve.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading the direction of production processes, work flow, and plant efficiency.
- Analyze equipment, processes, and work flow and develop methods to improve quality and reduce cost. Lead and/or be part of teams to implement these changes and improvements.
- Prepare cost justification documentation for new capital equipment initiatives.
- Implement new machinery and technologies, working closely with operations, maintenance, and outside vendors.
- Lead and support Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement activities.
- Apply statistical methods and time studies to set production rates and standards.
- Define the resource requrirements for each process or work cell.
- Assist production staff as process expert by utilizing troubleshooting, diagnosis, debugging, and other technical skills to keep productions processes running at peak efficiency.
- Uses data driven decision making to root cause production and process constraints.
- Conduct training of supervisors and production team.
- Assist and support the prodcut development team to ensure a successful launch of all new products.
- Create and maintain facilities CAD drawings and documentation using AutoCad and Inventor.
- Mentor junior engineers and college interns.
- Work with all team members in a positive and effective manner.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Five to ten years relevant work experience
- Experience leading the design and implementation of manufacturing work cells
- Strong background in Project Management
- Knowledge of CNC programmable equipment and wood manufacturing processes
- Strong computer skills using MS Office Suite, Autocad, Alphacam, Wood Wop, Ardis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to succeed
The Stow Company may temporarily assign any team member with duties outside of their normal responsibilities. Such assignments may be warranted due to a variety of specific requirements, conditions and/or the capabilities of available personnel. Management will determine the nature and duration of those assignments.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.