Private Events Manager - Reserve Wine & Food, Grand Rapids, MI
DIVISION: Reserve GR
POSITION: Private Dining Manager - Reserve Wine & Food, Grand Rapids, MI
LOCATION: Reserve GR, LLC
Reserve Food & Wine (Reserve) opened in September of 2010. The centerpiece of Reserve is the 102 bottle cruvinet which houses bottles of wine and uses nitrogen to preserve wines for up to a six-week shelf life. Our goal at Reserve is to deliver a unique wine and food experience to our guests. We offer a menu that is sourced locally. We strive to find the best available, while highlighting the seasonality of our product. At Reserve, finding the perfect glass of wine to pair with our exemplary menu is the total experience.
Reserve is a Windquest Group company. The Windquest Group is a private equity firm with a family of companies in West Michigan and beyond. Some of our West Michigan based companies include Boxed Water is Better, Neurocore, and The Stow Company.
This position is primarily responsible for the growth and delivery of our private events business. The day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to, menu planning and pricing with the Executive Chef, planning and drawing up floor plans/layouts, coordinating any necessary rentals and/or third party vendors, and ensuring events run smoothly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for attracting, selling, retaining, and growing private event business;
- Develop and implement strategy for generating new business and maintaining existing business;
- Track and report metrics on growth of Private Event business, recommend solutions to route cause analysis;
- Coordinate details for private dinners, surprise dinners, sales meetings, and business meetings;
- Calculate, and adhere to, client budgets;
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines ensuring deadlines are met;
- Initiate, coordinate, and participate in all events;
- Propose ideas to continuously improve event and service quality; conduct market research to remain leader in private event offerings;
- Works with General Manager to plan beverage and staffing for all events;
- Conduct pre- and post- event evaluations and report outcomes;
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with Management team regarding all upcoming events;
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with FOH staff regarding event details, expectations, and requirements;
- Communicate and update with integrated systems; i.e. Google Documents, OpenTable, Gather;
- Anticipate client/event needs and discern work priorities;
- Build relationships with internal and external customers and hospitality;
- Provide excellent customer service, ensuring high customer satisfaction;
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting;
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested;
- Create and foster relationships with existing clientele;
- Create new business relationships with local downtown businesses.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of one year event planning experience required
- Minimum of two years in the food service industry preferred
- Able to work nights and weekends regularly required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent hospitality experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading, and speaking skills
- Ability to work multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and via phone
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.