Manufacturing Supervisor - 2nd Shift - The Stow Company - Holland, MI
DIVISION: The Stow Company
POSITION: Manufacturing Supervisor
LOCATION: The Stow Company
Come join a growing company revolutionizing the storage industry with their complete range of solutions and design leading product. The Stow Company is headquartered in Holland, Michigan and was established over 25 years ago. Our products include closet organizers, garage storage systems, pantry organizers, wall beds, laundry storage, entertainment centers, mudroom storage and more.
Lead and direct the manufacturing team to safely and efficiently complete the required production while hitting the various metrics of safety, quality, delivery and cost. Work with scheduling, engineering and maintenance to effectively plan labor and other resources. Lead the team in continuous improvement efforts to meet or exceed our customers' expectations.
The primary responsibilities for the Manufacturing Supervisor include:
- Overseeing daily operations of the manufacturing process for a specific production line and/or area
- Motivating team members to gain efficiencies and meet expectations while holding them accountable to all standards and procedures
- Working with scheduling and logistics departments to ensure achievement of daily production and quality goals
- Communicate team goals and performance, shift to shift issues and concerns, company news
- Support and implement Lean Manufacturing techniques and methods
- Conduct evaluations, ensure proper training is completed, verify payroll info and clocking accuracy. Train and mentor the team
- Ensure safety standards; and train team members to perform job tasks safely and correctly
- Set the next operation up for success, be it the customer or the next step in the internal process
- Respond to any change in the environment, and to make decisions on any issues that may affect safety, quality and productivity
- Ensure work cell is following all defined work instructions and quality audits
- Participation in company cultural and enrichment events
- Associates Degree and 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role within a manufacturing facility
- Must have prior people management skills
- Must be proficient with MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- The ability to completely define and analyze problems to arrive at appropriate solutions
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form
- Be able to work in a team environment as well and independently
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to motivate/influence others and take initiative
- Flexible work schedule to meet production demand
- Business casual office environment within a wood material manufacturing facility
- May be exposed to dust particles and low to mid noise levels
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.