Machine Operator - 2nd Shift General Cell - The Stow Company
DIVISION: The Stow Company
POSITION: Machine Operator
LOCATION: The Stow Company
Headquartered in Holland, Michigan and established over 30 years ago, The Stow Company manufactures a complete range of organization solutions for all areas of the home. Our products include closet organizers, garage storage systems, pantry organizers, wall beds, laundry storage, entertainment centers, mudroom storage and more. We are proud to be the only company covering the spectrum of residential and small business needs for organization, from high-end, dealer-supplied custom solutions to do-it-yourself storage systems available online and in retail stores. Our organization systems are marketed under the EasyClosets, ORG Home, and Easy Track operating groups.
This position is required to run machining equipment in a safe, efficient, and quality-focused manner, while meeting quoted completion times and working together in a CI (continuous improvement) environment.
- Read work orders to determine machine requirements -Select the appropriate program to run each individual part
- Load and unload parts
- Complete required quality checks
- Meet quoted completion times
- Perform basic trouble-shooting for machine issues
- Perform tooling changeovers (saw blades, drill bits, etc.)
- Perform tasks in various machine work centers over the course of a shift
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds independently and multiple times daily
- Able to stand for the duration 8, 10 and 12-hour work shifts
- Able to comfortably kneel, bend, crouch, reach and stretch
- Able to handle boards of varying weights and sizes
- Possesses strong visual acuity
- Able to tolerate an environment where sawdust particles are present
- Possesses strong manual dexterity
- Able to provide and receive communication in an environment with a high level of ambient noise
- Strong mechanical skills and an aptitude for hands-on work
- Working knowledge of CNC programming and operation, point-to-point machines, edgebanders, and/or saws within the wood manufacturing arena is a big plus
- Able to work safely and steadily in one location for up to 12 hours
- Flexible and adaptable team player – comfortable in a dynamic work environment
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must have an excellent attendance record
- Must be willing and able to follow all company policies
- Willing to learn new skills and train in all areas of work cell
- Capable of maintaining internal and external customer focus
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail
- Meets productivity, quality and safety goals
- Follows directions and completes paperwork correctly and neatly
- Actively participates in all team meetings and events
- Completes training and achieves minimum level of proficiency within first 30 days of employment
The Stow Company may temporarily assign any team member with duties outside of their normal responsibilities. Such assignments may be warranted due to a variety of specific requirements, conditions and/or the capabilities of available personnel. Management will determine the nature and duration of those assignments.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.