Human Resources Generalist - The Stow Company - Holland, MI
DIVISION: The Stow Company
POSITION: Human Resources Generalist
LOCATION: The Stow Company
Headquartered in Holland, Michigan and established over 30 years ago, The Stow Company manufactures a complete range of organization solutions for all areas of the home. Our products include closet organizers, garage storage systems, pantry organizers, wall beds, laundry storage, entertainment centers, mudroom storage and more. We are proud to be the only company covering the spectrum of residential and small business needs for organization, from high-end, dealer-supplied custom solutions to do-it-yourself storage systems available online and in retail stores. Our organization systems are marketed under the EasyClosets, ORG Home, and Easy Track operating groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced Human Resources Generalist to help our company find and retain excellent employees. The main focus will be recruitment and retention of high-performing hourly employees. Lead and participate in processes, procedures, and relationships to improve the productivity and retention of our hourly workforce through effective talent acquisition strategies that work towards cultivating positive employee relationships. You will be entrusted with an ongoing quest to discover talent, build a strong employment brand and ensure great relationships with both candidates and employees. This role also executes general Human resources need that promote engagement, drive our culture, and better our employees.
Experience and Education
- Responsible for the delivery and execution of core HR services to employees and managers.
- Collaborate with operations manager(s) on staffing needs and hiring decisions by sourcing, screening and recruiting external and internal candidates.
- Owns the effectiveness of recruiting activities. Recommends policy and procedures changes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Full-cycle recruiting from requisitions, posting positions, conducting phone-screens, interviewing, references, and pre-employment screenings. Manage hourly employee Employment Requisition procedures and processes.
- In cases where an applicant is judged unqualified, tactfully turn the applicant away in order to maintain a positive community relationship and reputation.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Develops advertising program to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, interviewing, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain, deliver, and implement feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, non-compete agreements).
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations.
- Ensure new hires are input into HRIS system (Paychex).
- Manage onboarding process to include collecting and processing new hire paperwork, conducting new hire orientation, maintaining orientation binders.
- Create, track, and manage recruiting and retention metrics.
- Initiate and deliver retention strategy for operations team. Keeping leadership informed of challenges and opportunities. Creating innovative solutions to overcome barriers.
- Manage third-party relationships ensuring they are following our standard process.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- Conduct, analyze, and report exit interviews, implement strategies from the report.
- Be a valued business partner through proactive and reactive relationship building by understanding the needs of the business, business leaders, and employees.
- Diagnostic and consultative creation of programs and procedures focused on reducing cost and improving quality by systemizing.
- Strategic and intentional communication for areas of responsibility to improve understanding, participation, and knowledge of employees and leaders.
- Focused on approaching areas of responsibility with a “big picture” mindset but willing to roll-up sleeves for investigation and implementation of projects or ideas.
- Two or more years of high volume recruiting experience sourcing experience; Three or more years of prior HR Support experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment;
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field;
- Proven track record of Full-Cycle Recruiting;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Worked with applicant tracking systems, Paychex a plus;
- Internet savvy and experienced in using online recruiting sources (LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor);
- Strong detail and quality orientation;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion;
- Ability to research information, and analyze data to recommend plans of action;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.