General Manager - Ridge Cider - Grant, MI
DIVISION: WINDQUEST GROUP Inc
POSITION: General Manager - Ridge Cider - Grant, MI
LOCATION: The Windquest Group
About Ridge Cider
Ridge Cider Co. is a craft cider producer in West Michigan. We select the finest mixture of apples we grow for various hard ciders and apple wines. We will also provide cider lovers and home brewers fresh unpasteurized cider. With the “craft alcohol” industry rising in Michigan, we’ve been inspired to create a hard cider experience that transcends anything you’ve had before. Every cider we create is crafted with one goal: to pleasantly surprise you with its genuine but unique flavor. We are propelling change in an old industry. Growing opportunity internationally. Cultivating ground that was before us & now ground ahead of us. Passionately pollenating the people, we serve. One glass at a time.
Ridge is looking for a General Manager (GM) to lead their growing team. The GM will direct and coordinate activities for both the tap room and kitchen. Responsibilities will include accounting, advertising, sales and events. Formulate and administer organization policies. Ridge Cider Co. is a fun and exciting environment and is a company involved in the surrounding local communities. In addition to providing excellent customer service, offerings and experience; it is important to further educate our consumers of this growing industry of hard cider. What it is, how it’s made, and what sets our product apart from others. This information should be shared during a customer’s experience here at our facility through a knowledgeable staff and creative outlets implemented in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees customer service of tap room and kitchen. Daily operations and services of each. Drive customer traffic and sales through creative events and advertisements.
- Participates in creating and administering company policies implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Meets and exceeds Ridge’s financial objectives by preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Attracts patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Create and lead social media campaigns for events, and products. Reviewing the analytics reporting to evaluate results.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data.
- Monitors, evaluates, and audits food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
- Recruits, selects, orients, trains, schedules, coaches, and disciplines staff; communicating job expectations; appraising, and reviewing job contributions; and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the Craft Cider industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Reviews and supports operating costs vs income ensuring profitable activity on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, and submittal for capital expenditures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in food service management; within the alcohol arena preferred.
- Previous experience leading a team.
- TIP certification preferred.
- Strong Social Media knowledge, data analytics a bonus.
- Strong business acumen.
- Effective communicator to staff and customers.
- Able to problem solve.
- Strong project management skillset.
- Strategic Thinker.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.