Floor Lead - Coppercraft Distillery - Holland, MI
DIVISION: WINDQUEST GROUP Inc
POSITION: Floor Lead - Coppercraft Distillery - Holland, MI
LOCATION: The Windquest Group
We are a grain to glass facility located in Holland, Michigan. We create small-batch spirits including bourbon, applejack, rum, and gin. Our rum and cask strength bourbon are award-winning spirts and have been recognized by the American Distiller’s Institute (ADI) and by the American Craft Spirits Association. Our cask strength bourbon recently received the Gold and Best in Category awards from ADI. Our spirits are hand-milled, mashed and then distilled in our 300-gallon American-made copper pot still. Every detail is considered in what we craft and how you experience it.
Copeprcraft’s Floor Lead ensures the best possible experience for our guests from the moment they step through our doors, to the moment they exit. This is done through supporting proper staff training, on-going education, and active floor presence. This position will assist with beverage inventory and learn the process of creating craft cocktails. The Floor Lead reports to the Tasting Room Manager.
- Manager on Duty (MoD) for designated hours, identify and communicate urgent matters to senior leadership and report out shift recap. While acting as MoD you are responsible for guest resolution, cash-out, and staffing levels.
- Assist with interviewing and selection process of front of house staff.
- Scheduling for front of house.
- Support the planning and execution of private events.
- Have knowledge of and understanding of the beverage strategy. Cover bartender shifts, as necessary.
- Coordinate and lead team meetings on shifts acting as MoD.
- Consult on operations by recommending improvements to existing policies and standards.
- Hold team to standards for service on the floor. Maintain patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiate improvements; and maintain relationships with patrons.
- Identify and communicate performance management and concerns to the Tasting Room Manager.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintain security systems.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
WHAT YOU NEED TO LAND THIS GIG
- Three or more years in the food service industry including one or more years in a management or supervisory role.
- High level of standard of excellence and quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and fellow management team as well as ownership.
- Strong sense of service.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Enjoys finding new ways to communicate with the team.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.