District Sales Manager - Boxed Water is Better - Portland, OR
DIVISION: Boxed Water is Better
POSITION: District Sales Manager - Boxed Water
LOCATION: Boxed Water is Better - Oregon
BOXED WATER IS BETTER (Boxed Water), a growing water company based in Grand Rapids, Michigan is looking for sales and marketing minded Brand Ambassadors who can take the brand to the next level. Boxed Water is an alternative to bottled water that is built on three principles: sustainability, efficiency and philanthropy. We are on a mission to offer consumers the option to consume their beverages in paper, not plastic. We believe in environmentally friendly, balanced living; in having fun while working hard; in learning, growing and giving back. This is a rapidly growing company with GREAT opportunities for hard-working, resourceful, hands-on brand ambassadors who can act as ambassadors for the brand around the country.
The District Sales Manager (DSM) will play an influential role within the Sales Team. The DSM is responsible for managing the local DSD partnerships. The DSM will need to manage our DSD system at a local level by providing direction against the Boxed Water sales goals and objectives. The candidate for this position will ideally be based in their geographic area. We are looking for someone in the Portland or surrounding areas.
The ideal DSM candidate will be professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player, and possess a drive for results. They should have outgoing social energy, strong decision making and analytical skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to think strategically and creatively, the ability to multi-task, a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves as needed, be self-motivated, and have a passion for the consumer and marketing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve and deliver annual plans for the region that reflect the agreed upon brand and customer strategies and support delivery of business goals
- Translates business strategy into clear and locally executable plans and focuses resources accordingly within their respective territory
- Establish and manage key customer relationships through joint business planning that strengthens and builds on the success of the Boxed Water brand
- Understanding the dynamics of the respective territory in particular, and providing insight and direction to develop solutions that promote and build the Boxed Water brand.
- Responsible for all distributor management decisions and relationships with guidance from the Director of Sales
- Build and develop the brand by opening new accounts on a daily/ weekly / monthly basis and developing existing distribution new customers
- Schedule, conduct, and participate in distributor routine meetings with distributor partners to educate, inform, and build capabilities on selling Boxed Water
- Responsible for building sales presentations and reports to share both internally and with distributor partners that will provide an action-oriented response
- Support the execution and management of region budget, sales expense, T&E, and reporting
- Work closely with the Marketing to establish and implement successful marketing programs, campaigns, and materials to profitably increase Boxed Water availability and points of distribution
- Scheduling, executing, and tracking all crew drives and sales rallies in respective territory
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related major preferred
- Two or more years of Sales and or Distributor Management ideally with a beverage company
- Extremely organized, dependable, and self-motivated
- Able to work independently and ability to work well with people
- Strong computer skills – knowledge in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use reports and data to achieve goals and objectives
- Willingness to travel 20-30%
- Prior experience with the water category a plus
- A clean driving record & strong geographic knowledge of the respective territory
- Must be able to lift cases of water up to 40lbs each
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.