Director of Supply Chain - The Stow Company
DIVISION: The Stow Company
POSITION: Director of Supply Chain - The Stow Company - Holland, MI
LOCATION: The Stow Company
The Stow Company is a rapidly growing, West Michigan based, Custom Closet Organizers and Home Organization Systems manufacturer in beautiful Holland, M
Responsible for the overall procurement strategy of the business and its successful execution. Responsible for aggregate planning and inventory control, including the procurement and timely delivery of resources, supplies, equipment, products, components and raw materials needed to meet the objectives of the business at the best total cost and quality. Source from suppliers both domestically and internationally, and successfully negotiating contracts, terms, and requirements, ensures Stow is fairly positioned in the marketplace. Lead team of buyers to obtain process/product improvements which contribute to sales growth, cost reductions and goal attainment. Responsible for freight contracts and overall delivery cost, quality and performance. Ensure the efficient utilization of information technology that provides a fast, accurate, and secure method to access information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic and operating plans to ensure that the company has the appropriate resources to support current forecasted business and projected growth.
- Communicate resource plans to gain consensus from Sales, Supply Chain, Technology, and Manufacturing that respond to current and expanding markets.
- Direct the continuous search for and purchasing of new materials, services, technology and processes that may be more suitable and cost effective.
- Direct warehouse and logistics operations to ensure inventory accuracy and efficiency in material movement.
- Aggressively negotiate and manage freight contracts and coordinate delivery of domestic and international goods with brokers and/or shipping lines ensuring quality and timeliness.
- Establish departmental strategies to meet annual plan objectives; allocate resources and track results accordingly.
- Solicit, qualify and manage supplier base; develop new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
- Establish goals and review quarterly individual supplier and carrier performance in conjunction with assigned buyers taking appropriate action to meet target performance.
- Source where necessary directly from domestic and international suppliers while minimizing inventory carrying costs.
- Establish policies and ensure compliance to all regulations and anti-corruption laws.
- Establish department goals and provide guidance and direction to the purchasing, logistics, materials teams in accordance with overall strategies taking appropriate action to meet target performance.
- Manage bid review and award process. Negotiate contracts / terms on purchase orders where necessary.
- Ensure all new suppliers have been evaluated/approved jointly by Purchasing, Quality and Engineering.
- Maximize the use of the ERP system to enhance purchasing performance on cross functional processes.
- Responsible for successful facilitation of all company safety policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in a combination of planning, logistics, production scheduling and/or inventory control in manufacturing setting.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct management experience in a technical or analytical environment.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating, leadership, and communication skills.
- Organized individual with solid decision making skills, taking calculated risks, resulting in improvement performance / work flow.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook and prior use of ERP systems.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.