Director of Engineering - The Stow Company
DIVISION: The Stow Company
POSITION: Director of Engineering
LOCATION: The Stow Company
The Stow Company is a rapidly growing, West Michigan based, Custom Closet Organizers and Home Organization Systems manufacturer in beautiful Holland, MI.
Responsible for the overall engineering strategy of the business and its successful execution. Responsible for leading, managing and mentoring manufacturing and product engineering teams. Demonstrate aggressive and sustainable continuous improvement strategies for how product is designed and processed through the plant which contribute to sales growth and cost reduction goals. Work collaboratively with operations execution management to ensure processes are established, being followed and continuously improved and communicated with consensus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic and operating plans to ensure that the company has the appropriate resources to support current forecasted business and projected growth.
- Work closely with the management team to plan and execute quarterly and yearly business objectives.
- Establish, direct, and monitor the priorities of the manufacturing and product development teams per company initiatives and goals.
- Establish departmental strategies to meet annual plan objectives; allocate resources and track results accordingly.
- Establish department goals and provide guidance and direction to each team member in accordance with overall strategies taking appropriate action to meet target performance.
- Aggressively lead/support/direct Lean Six Sigma Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement activities in all areas of the manufacturing facility driving annual cost reduction goals.
- Lead the collaboration between Operations and Product Development to help design and execute successful new product introductions.
- Establish and maintain capacity metrics for all work cells to drive strategic planning of resources.
- Evaluate and recommend new machinery, technologies, and processes to improve manufacturing flow and increase plant efficiency.
- Develop and maintain strong industry relationships to continually stay knowledgeable about new and emerging technologies.
- Identify engineering team members career development needs and recommend the resources and activities needed to address them.
- Mentor and coach team members to build their skill sets for growth and success
- Responsible for successful facilitation of all company safety policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline or equivalent progressive experience
- Ten (10) years’ minimum of professional engineering experience.
- Five (5) years’ minimum managing an engineering department and staff with broad scope of responsibility.
- Practical knowledge of lean six sigma manufacturing principles and continuous improvement activities
- Hands on experience in New Product Development process with a proven ability to lead teams in the implementation of new products and processes.
- Knowledge of wood manufacturing processes, equipment, and technologies preferred
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating, leadership, and communication skills.
- Organized individual with solid decision making skills, taking calculated risks, resulting in improvement performance / work flow.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook and prior use of ERP systems.
- Minimal Domestic and International travel required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.