Cost Accounting Manager - The Stow Company - Holland, MI
DIVISION: The Stow Company
POSITION: Cost Accounting Manager - The Stow Company - Holland, MI
LOCATION: The Stow Company
About The Stow Company
Headquartered in Holland, Michigan and established over 30 years ago, The Stow Company manufactures a complete range of organization solutions for all areas of the home. Our products include closet organizers, garage storage systems, pantry organizers, wall beds, laundry storage, entertainment centers, mudroom storage and more. We are proud to be the only company covering the spectrum of residential and small business needs for organization, from high-end, dealer-supplied custom solutions to do-it-yourself storage systems available online and in retail stores. Our organization systems are marketed under the EasyClosets, ORG Home, and Easy Track operating groups.
The Cost Accounting Manager will manage the day-to-day cost accounting functions. That includes providing effective preparation, analysis, and insight of COGS actual results and variance reporting. This position is responsible for not only effectively telling the story of the significant cost drivers affecting cogs to senior management, but is also capable of preparing and requesting actions plans to the different stakeholders in the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and mentor Cost Accountant(s)
- Development of product costing techniques, institute cost control measures, and ensure timely and accurate cost of goods reporting
- Transact and manage the consignment inventory program
- Calculate labor and overhead calculation and periodic review
- Transact inventory adjustments as needed
- Lead Cycle Count program and work jointly with Supply Chain to manage inventory control
- Analyze the standard gross margin reporting
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance for cogs items
- Identify workflow inefficiencies and propose solutions to streamline processes necessary to support our rapid growth and cost efficiency
- Support business leaders and other key stakeholders to analyze strategic initiatives and new product development initiatives, including make vs. buy analysis when applicable
- Participate in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing process ensuring timely, accurate results
- Participate in preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual operating plan
- Responsible for coordinating and completing the annual cost roll process
- Evaluate policies and procedures, ensure appropriate documentation, update as required
- Make confident, timely, fact-based decisions
- Work effectively with team members at all levels of the company in a positive, professional manner
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner consistent with our mission statement, values and goals
- Ensure GAAP is followed in every aspect of business
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or a similar discipline. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum Five (5) or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment and managerial experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of Cost Accounting principles and methodologies related to product costing, bills of material, manufacturing routings and inventory control required
- Strong leadership skills required
- Advanced computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Manage2000 (or similar ERP system) desirable
- Highest standards for accuracy and precision
- Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Articulates with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- High energy, high ownership of work product and commitment to driving results
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.