DIVISION: WINDQUEST GROUP Inc
POSITION: Cost Accountant
LOCATION: The Windquest Group
The cost accountant will be responsible for developing and modifying the cost accounting system, development of product costing techniques, instituting cost control measures, ensuring timely and accurate labor, material and overhead reporting, performing special cost studies and periodic review of allocation of overhead costs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and maintain inventory accuracy through physical and cycle counts.
- Review and maintain the standard cost system.
- Assist in the preparation of new product costing.
- Develop and maintain material yield reporting.
- Analyze manufacturing variances.
- Assist with the annual budget and accounting review.
- Calculation of standard labor and burden rates.
- Support manufacturing through analysis, projects and reporting.
- Assist with the monthly close and financial review of inventory and cost of goods sold accounts.
- Participation in process improvement initiatives such as the Gross Margin Improvement Team
- Calculation of excess and obsolete inventories.
- Ad hoc projects and reporting.
- Occasional light lifting.
- The ability to sit for long periods while using a computer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Three to five years accounting experience.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel knowledge.
- Previous experience with an MRP system.
- The ability to read blueprints.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.