Corporate Controller - Coppercraft Distillery
DIVISION: WINDQUEST GROUP Inc
POSITION: Corporate Controller
LOCATION: The Windquest Group
We are a grain to glass facility located in Holland, Michigan. We create small-batch spirits including bourbon, applejack, rum, and gin. Our rum and cask strength bourbon are award-winning spirts and have been recognized by the American Distiller’s Institute (ADI) and by the American Craft Spirits Association. Our cask strength bourbon recently received the Gold and Best in Category awards from ADI. Our spirits are hand-milled, mashed and then distilled in our 300-gallon American-made copper pot still. Every detail is considered in what we craft and how you experience it.
We are looking for a Controller who has a passion for the spirts industry and is eager to be a part of a growing distillery.
The Controller maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. The Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Monitors and maintains inventory; analyzes opportunities for lowering inventory and/or increasing flow.
- Adheres to and advises on regulatory compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Coppercraft offers competitive compensation, including bonus potential, a great health care package, including dental and vision insurance, 401(k) and a great work culture!
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration. Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Eight or more years of progressively responsible experience for accounting and finance departments. Experience in service oriented, and/or manufacturing operations preferred.Entrepreneurial spirit, high energy, and a willingness to be constantly challenged.
- Willing to travel locally (West Michigan) on a regular basis.
- Ability to maintain positive, high performance work atmosphere by communicating effectively.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.