Cleaning Specialist - The Windquest Group
DIVISION: WINDQUEST GROUP Inc
POSITION: Cleaning Specialist
LOCATION: The Windquest Group
We are looking for someone to assist in the building and restaurant cleaning, interior/exterior maintenance, and daily duties of The Windquest Building located in Grand Rapids, MI. This is a full-time position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean, vacuum, and dust floors, ceilings, furnishings, hallways, fixtures, lavatories, ovens, refrigerators, mirrors; change light bulbs; empty trash containers.
- Polish metal fixtures, furniture, banisters, ornaments, floors, and surfaces.
- Wash interior windows at reachable with appropriate tool levels.
- Report maintenance/repair problems to the Building Manager.
- On occasion, greet guests, including vendors who provide services.
- Exercise open communication with other staff.
- Monitor inventory levels of cleaning supplies; work with the Building Manager and Receptionist on placing orders.
- Perform basic duties including filling and emptying dishwashers, wiping down kitchen counters, taking out trash, refilling beverage coolers, and keeping staff office clean.
- Run occasional errands as needed.
- Retain receipts for credit card and petty cash purchases; submit credit card and petty cash receipts and documentation for reconciliation.
- Unpack and tear down boxes; assist with recycling products in the building.
- Perform special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Occasionally operate small/medium floor cleaning equipment.
- Other tasks and projects as required
Essential Physical Demands
- Ability to lift thirty (30) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet.
- Ability to remain standing on feet and kneeling on hands and knees for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to climb steps and stairs; stooping, bending, and kneeling.
- Ability to stand on step stools and ladders in order to accomplish cleaning tasks.
- Ability to work at high height levels.
- Ability to push/pull vacuum cleaner and operate small/medium cleaning and maintenance equipment after on-site instruction and training.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Flexible with scheduling of cleaning.
- Maintain highest levels of confidentiality and office privacy.
- Preservation of a professional office atmosphere is essential.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, pride, enthusiasm, and graciousness in service.
- Good communication and listening skills; be a responsible, respectful, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance.
- Attention to detail, organization, and follow-through in daily routine essential.
- Must be willing to be flexible in work hours including occasional evenings, weekends, and on-call shifts.
- A willingness to complete unusual or unexpected duties is essential.
- Reliable transportation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.