Billing Specialist - Neurocore - Grand Rapids, MI
DIVISION: Neurocore LLC
POSITION: Insurance Specialist
LOCATION: Neurocore - Corporate Office
About the Company:
Neurocore improves human performance by developing the brain's ability to become stronger. Utilizing a comprehensive assessment which includes qEEG brainwave mapping technology as well as clinically validated symptom rating scales and other diagnostic measures we strive to understand what is causing the symptoms our clients are dealing with. We then develop a personalized program utilizing neurofeedback training to engage the brain in real time to improve focus, attention, impulse control, and sleep.
Our services have helped thousands of people of all ages address symptoms related to a variety of behavioral and physiological issues. Neurocore is a Windquest Group company.
About the Job:
Neurocore is looking for a Billing Specialist for their insurance team. This successful candidate will have worked with various insurance providers both in Michigan and across the nation. This person will need to be detail oriented, have the ability to tactfully root out information from insurance companies while maintaining a pleasant demeanor, offer stellar customer service for our clients and provide timely turnarounds for tasks as well as responses to questions from clients and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform posting charges and completion of claims to payers in a timely fashion.
- Submit insurance claims to clearinghouse or individual insurance companies electronically or via paper CMS-1500 form.
- Follows up with insurance company on unpaid or rejected claims. Research and resolves claim issues and re-submits claims.
- Work claims and claim denials to ensure maximum reimbursement for services provided.
- Verify completeness and accuracy of all claims prior to submission.
- Respond to inquiries from insurance companies, clients and providers.
- Collect, post and manage client account payments.
- Maintain monthly aging accounts receivable reports to follow up on unpaid claims aged over 30 days.
- Issue invoices, bills and client account statements.
- Receive payments through various methods.
- Send reminders for payments and contact client when assigned.
- Perform “soft” collections for client past due accounts.
- Provides necessary information to collection agencies for delinquent or past due accounts.
- Two or more years as an experienced Medical Biller
- Knowledge on insurance and reimbursement process
- Familiar with HIPAA privacy requirements for patient information. Maintains and protects confidential information.
- Proficiency with electronic medical records (EMR)
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel).
- Excellent math ability
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and oversight as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Able to multi-task, prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Familiar with ICD-10 diagnosis and CPT treatment codes
- Good telephone and patient relation skills
- Detailed, accurate, efficient, self-motivated
- Strong customer service mindset
- Exquisite communication skills
- High level of accountability and work ethic
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.