Assistant General Manager - Reserve Wine & Food - Grand Rapids, MI
DIVISION: Reserve GR
POSITION: Assistant General Manager - Reserve GR - Grand Rapids, MI
LOCATION: Reserve GR, LLC
SHIFT: Rotating Days and Evenings
About Reserve Wine and Food
Reserve Wine and Food (Reserve) opened in September of 2010. The centerpiece of Reserve is the 102 bottle cruvinet which houses bottles of wine and uses nitrogen to preserve wines for up to a six-week shelf life. Our goal at Reserve is to deliver a unique wine and food experience to our guests. At Reserve, we offer a menu that is traditional Western, with a strong focus on sourcing our produce and meats locally. We strive to find the best available, while highlighting the seasonality of our product. At Reserve, finding the perfect glass of wine to pair with our exemplary menu is the total experience.
Reserve is looking for an Assistant General Manager who will be assist in managing the daily operations of our restaurant, with primary responsibility for marketing, and public relations strategy and maintaining a strong floor presence. This role is also jointly responsible for the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they assist in overseeing the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager.
- Floor manager for service on the floor including expediting, guest contact, managing staff, hosting, pre-shift meetings, staff education, and problem solving.
- Primarily responsible for attracting patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, agency, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Primarily responsible for selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Together with General Manager maintains operations by executing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Together with General Manager maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Eight or more years in the food service industry including three plus years in a management or supervisory role.
- Previous responsibility of bar and restaurant financials and budgets including analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Strong leader who can set direction.
- Previous responsibility of bar and restaurant marketing including social media, event management, and community engagement.
- High level of standard of excellence and quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and fellow management team as well as ownership.
- Knowledge of cost Accounting, developing and maintaining budgets and financial Planning and strategy.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.