Administrative Intern - The Windquest Group - Grand Rapids, MI
DIVISION: WINDQUEST GROUP Inc
POSITION: Administrative Intern - The Windquest Group - Grand Rapids, MI
LOCATION: The Windquest Group
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Full-Time and/or Part-Time
ABOUT THE WINDQUEST GROUP
The Windquest Group is a Michigan-based, privately held enterprise and investment management firm with diversified operations in technology, manufacturing, clean-tech, and nonprofit solutions. The core portfolio companies include Boxed Water is Better, Coppercraft Distillery, Neurocore, Reserve Wine & Food, Ridge Cider, and The Stow Company.
We believe in a culture of respect, engagement, fun, good stewardship, and above all, we believe in our people.
The Administrative Intern provides general administrative support and office assistance at the Windquest Group's corporate headquarters in downtown Grand Rapids, MI. This role will start May 2018 full-time and run part-time (10-15 hours per week) into the following school year. This is an hourly, non-exempt internship which reports to the Office Manager.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute a strategy for efficiently moving to an online file system;
- Performs research projects including but not limited to collecting information or options for a project, summarizing the information with documentation;
- Front reception coverage including greeting guests, answering phones, and mail delivery;
- Maintains a filing system in both electronic and traditional format;
- Schedules appointments, meetings and phone calls while maintaining the calendar;
- Run errands as assigned;
- Provides assistance in the preparation of meeting material and its distribution;
- Serves as an office lead for the maintenance of office contact database;
- Facilitates the routing and production of documents;
- Performs a variety of administrative functions, such as writing correspondence, reports, and internal memos;
- Drafts material from rough notes; and
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Current college junior or senior, enrolled at least part-time at a fully accredited four-year institution; related college coursework in accounting is required.
- Previous college coursework and/or professional work experience with project management, or administrative support.
- Thorough understanding of general office practices, procedures, and office equipment.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, follow through on projects, work independently, and be self-directed.
- Highest level of confidentiality must be exercised at all times.
- Must be able to open standard and lateral file drawers that require push/pull force.
- Must be able to lift/transport boxes of approximately thirty (30) pounds, stoop, bend, and climb steps and stairs.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.