Accounting Supervisor - The Windquest Group - Grand Rapids, MI
DIVISION: WINDQUEST GROUP Inc
POSITION: Accounting Supervisor - The Windquest Group - Grand Rapids, MI
LOCATION: The Windquest Group
The Windquest Group (TWG) is a Michigan-based, privately held enterprise and investment management firm with diversified operations in technology, manufacturing, clean-tech, and nonprofit solutions. The core portfolio companies include Boxed Water is Better, Coppercraft Distillery, Neurocore, Reserve Wine & Food, Ridge Cider, and The Stow Company.
The Windquest Group provides core accounting services to several of its portfolio companies. The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for oversight of these accounting services, provided to selected portfolio companies, various projects and supervising the accounting team. Full-time, salaried/exempt position which reports to the Finance Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department including the following: month and year end processes, bank account reconciliations, accounts payable/receivable, billings, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll, fixed assets, and credit card expenses.
- Ensure accurate and timely dissemination of financial reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual financial statements and budgets, and other ad hoc reporting.
- Prepare budgets and cash forecasts, and oversee cash balances and funding levels.
- Advise on budgetary information, working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the portfolio company.
- Supervise the accounting team who will be expected to accomplish clerical/data entry aspects of the accounting function.
- Work with external tax preparers to ensure accurate timely completion of tax returns.
- Manage the storage of digital and hard copy information.
- Develop and enforce accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure adequate internal controls and systems are in place to safeguard assets and protect confidential information.
- Research and summarize data, offer solutions, and elevate issues when required using discretion and judgment.
- Develop and execute accounting projects to improve our company.
- Assist the Finance Manager with other special projects, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of related work experience required, preferably in public accounting.
- Strong user of accounting software programs; experience with QuickBooks a plus.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a professional and highly confidential corporate environment.
- Uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, high energy, and a willingness to be constantly challenged.
- Ability to maintain positive, high performance work atmosphere by communicating effectively.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Analytical, organization and problem-solving skills, which allow for strategic data interpretation, versus simple reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
The Windquest Group offers competitive compensation, including bonus potential, a great health care package, including dental and vision insurance, 401(k) and a great work culture!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.