Accounting Intern - The Windquest Group
DIVISION: WINDQUEST GROUP Inc
POSITION: Accounting Intern - The Windquest Group
LOCATION: The Windquest Group
The Windquest Group (Windquest) is a Michigan-based, privately held enterprise and investment management firm with diversified operations in technology, manufacturing, clean-tech, and nonprofit solutions. The core portfolio companies include Boxed Water is Better, Coppercraft Distillery, Neurocore, Reserve Wine & Food, Ridge Cider, and The Stow Company.
This position supports the Accounting Group by performing a variety of duties. The position is targeted at candidates who are interested in an internship that will last for approximately one year. This role will start May 2018 full-time and run part-time (10-15 hrs/wk) through the school year. This is an hourly/non-exempt internship, which reports to the Staff Accountant and Finance Associate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs routine duties including filing, copying documents, and sorting mail.
- Performs monthly reconciliations for selected bank accounts.
- Posts invoices and journal entries into the accounting system.
- Reviews general ledger for posting accuracy.
- Prepares items for weekly check-runs.
- Participates in office administration duties as assigned.
- Prepares selected financial reports as assigned.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current college junior or senior, enrolled at least part-time at a fully accredited four-year institution; related college coursework in accounting is required.
- Previous college coursework and/or professional work experience with various bookkeeping duties/computer applications, including bank reconciliations, data input, word processing, and databases.
- Thorough understanding of general office practices, procedures, and office equipment.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, follow through on projects, work independently, and be self-directed.
- Highest level of confidentiality must be exercised at all times.
- Must be able to open standard and lateral file drawers that require push/pull force.
- Must be able to lift/transport boxes of approximately thirty (30) pounds, stoop, bend, and climb steps and stairs.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.